Monday 1 November 2010

Canucks Hockey Games Galore

This week saw Nancy and myself both watch a Vancouver Canucks hockey game, but not the same one.... two different games on two different nights. Nancy saw her game in Vancouver with the Canucks playing against the Devils in a VIP box suite on Monday night. Whilst on Tuesday night, I saw the Canucks play the Edmonton Oilers in Edmonton with seats right next to the ice. I was sat right next to the away team's box (i.e. Vancouver Canucks) and so close to all their subs.

Credit to the Canucks for playing two games in consecutive nights in two different towns and two different time zones. Furthermore, they were playing on Thursday evening as well. As the Canadians keep telling me hockey is a tough man's game - I suppose you don't get the English footy teams playing back to back games.

Also, as a side note today in Calgary I met Stephen Ames who is currently the highest ranked professional golfer in Canada and plays on the PGA Tour. He was the at the dealership arranging his new car, my boss was star struck to say the least.

No comments: