Saturday 20 August 2011

The Egyptian Head has Arrived (oh Mum and Dad here as well)

My Mum and Dad arrived safe and sound into Vancouver on Wednesday evening, following the ten and half hour flight from terminal five at Heathrow.

After many others (Emily and Anthony) turned down the opportunity to bring out one of my prized possessions from the UK, my parents provided me with the pleasant surprise of unveiling my Egyptian Head from their bags.

I bartered for this statue back in August 2000 in Cairo and dragged it back to the UK in my hand luggage. However, since moving to Canada it has been gathering dust in a loft in Milton Keynes. I'm so happy that we have been reunited again and all thanks to my parents and a trans-Atlantic flight. I should point out that the head easily weighs 7 lbs or 3.2 kgs and was approximately one eighth of their luggage allowance. Just when they thought the loft was empty, the task now is to find my Maldivian carved wooden statue! Any volunteers??

1 comment:

Mr P said...

Am i being named and shamed! I would have tried to bring stuff out for you but my guess is your parents didnt have a case full of bombay saphire... :)

P.s you may be happy but is Nancy happy about your questionable design choices. I said no for you Nancy :)