Tuesday 13 September 2011

Spruce Meadows Event

The eyes of the horse jumping world were focused on Spruce Meadows in Calgary over the past weekend. This is because the best athletes from the world's top show jumping nations competed for top prize money and international acclaim during the Spruce Meadows 'Masters'. Well, that is what I was told when I was informed that I would be attending the event from Friday through to Sunday as the Mercedes-Benz representative. Mercedes-Benz was one of the main sponsors for event and so I was asked to show my face.

Apart from attending the horse jumping events and hosting Mercedes-Benz customers, I was involved in meeting the riders and awarding some of the winners with their medals. At the Saturday dinner, I rubbed shoulders with a number of dignitaries and sporting folk, including the British Commissioner to Canada and the new Superman actor. The evening highlight was also seeing the Band of the Corps of Royal Engineers performing the theme from the Great Escape. My Sunday afternoon was spent watching the final "Masters" event, whilst being sat next to Bill Gates of Microsoft fame.

No comments: