Monday 10 May 2010

Vancouver Sun Run 10K in 57 Mins

Last Sunday was my second attempt to complete a 10KM run in as many weeks and put in a decent time to beat Marlboro Man, Bill Murray and "I'm afraid of heights" Kris in our run challenge.

The key difference this time compared to the previous run in Victoria was the overwhelming crowd that was running with me..... over 51,000 people. As you can imagine I spent a large proportion of the race jostling other runners for space. Apart from one trip I managed to run the whole distance and achieve a decent time of 57 minutes.

Admittedly, this was a minute slower than my previous time but still an achievement. I am convinced I can run 10K faster and certainly break 55 mins, so I will be signing up for a third 10KM soon. Details to be announced.

Check out the photos that Nancy took plus once again she managed to capture video footage of me crossing line. Very impressive considering the number of people around me at the end of the race. In order to spot me, look out for the runner with a bright blue top with a grey runners hat.


No comments: