Friday 18 November 2011

The Sun Keeps on Shining....

As I write this blog update, there are reports from friends and family back in Vancouver that it has been snowing in the last 24 hours. This weather is hard to imagine as I tap away at the laptop whilst my toes are slowly cooking in the Maui sunshine. I only have a day left before I step back on the airplane to return to Canada and so a good opportunity to reflect on the last week.

As you would expect it has been a very relaxing week, with the constant sound of the ocean waves rolling onto the beach outside our apartment. Some of the active highlights of the holiday were boogie boarding, paddle boarding, seeing giant sea turtles, drinking massive margaritas at the local bar, a fantastic sushi meal, sunsets, daily swims and morning beaches walks with Sam. On the topic of Sam, he seems to have really enjoyed himself after discovering sand for the first time and pretty quickly realising it is not for eating. He has been a constant source of smiles and entertainment, plus his swimming technique has continued to improve. I am very jealous that Nancy, Sam and Wendy get to stay on for their third week of Maui, but some of us have to keep the Canadian economy growing!

P.S. I will also update the blog with a post on my day trip to Honolulu and Pearl Harbour.

2 comments:

Em said...

mmmm m&ms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mum said...

It's such a hard life with all that sunshine and sea - back here in England it has been damp, grey and FOG (flights cancelled out of London Heathrow even) and paint stripping for us!! X