Sunday 5 July 2009

The Golfing Fundamentals

With the pressure on from my new boss to learn golf and five rounds of golf due to be played over the next three weeks, I am having to spend my free time hitting golf balls. In the past few days alone, I have hit over 200 balls at the driving range and I have got to the stage when I have an understanding of the basic fundamentals. Although one of the outcomes of my blossoming golf game is painful blisters on my hands, heightened by borrowing Bob's ancient clubs yesterday.

I am far from perfecting a golf game as I can hit a small percentage of balls just right (which feels great) but the rest are all over the place. So I have a growing respect for the golf professionals on the TV who make it look so simply and able to hit the ball just where they want it to go. The enclosed video clip has been recommended to me by my colleague, who is acting as my coach, and so at least I can hold the club correctly and have a grasp of those golfing fundamentals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow now they look like short fingers!!!!