Monday 13 July 2009

Second Round of Golf

This Sunday saw my second round of 18 holes of golf at a Mercedes-Benz employee tournament. The venue was the WestWood Plateau Golf and Country Club in Coquitlam, which was about a 40 minute drive from downtown Vancouver. The golf course was literally on the side of a mountain and so the course was particular narrow with a large number of trees lining the course and significantly sloped away on certain fairways. This resulted in me losing a number of golf balls in the local forest, but the upside were the amazing views including a vista of Mt. Baker. My round was an improvement compared to my first ever round of golf by 11 shots, however, there was still a mixed bag of good, bad and ugly shots.

Continual improvement is required with my game, especially with four more rounds of golf due over the next two weeks. So my coach has provided me with further instructional video guides of the fundamentals and these are from the golfing greats - Mr Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods. I especially like the "Eye of the Tiger" clip with Tiger Woods using a camera on his cap to show his stance and swing.



No comments: