Tuesday 13 April 2010

This one is for you... Emily.

It has been a a few weeks since my last blog post, this has not been due to a lack of activity or content in our lives rather a lack of motivation on my part. Bob was an avid reader of the blog and it has proved difficult to get back writing posts again, despite this in the last couple of days both Nancy and Emily have specifically asked for an updated blog. So here I am thinking of what I can say.....

The last couple of months have been busy, even hectic, for myself and Nancy with a number of trips away, attended sporting events, my one year anniversary in Canada, skiing, work stuff, house hunting, running in preparation for my two 10km runs and driving a Mercedes-Benz that is named after me. Not to mention the pending visit from Emily and Kris to Vancouver at the end of the April. So where do I start updating the blog.... where it would seem sensible with the Vancouver Winter Olympics.

It was a fantastic experience to have the Olympics literally on our doorstep with the flame only two blocks away on the seawall, Olympic rings in the harbour outside our window, street parties all over the city and people from every nation wandering round the city. Nancy and I went to a couple of medal ceremony concerts with the Stereophonics and Bare Naked Ladies, with one highlight being the only British gold medal being handed out to Amy Williams for Women's skeleton. Now that is one sport you wouldn't catch me doing, a metal tray going at 90 miles an hour! Another major highlight was watching the ice hockey and I was lucky enough to see one match in person..... the Germans had their arse's handed to them by the Finns 5-0, in a group game. However, it was serious stuff for the Canadians who made it through to the gold medal game against their arch rivals USA. This hockey game had everything, but most importantly the Canadians won 3-2 in overtime with their captain Sid Crosby scoring the goal. I think I heard most of Canada screaming when that last goal went it. Certainly the streets of Vancouver were full with celebrating people that Sunday night.... the only comparison would be if England won the football world cup. A few photos are enclosed.

2 comments:

The Kings said...

About bloody time!!! Great to see some photos looking forward to end of April!!! Em

Scott said...

We are up and running again. Keep checking the blog for more updates from the past few weeks. Bring on the 29th April for EM/KRIS arrival to Van!