Friday 13 August 2010

Golf and Sunshine in Kelowna

It is about a year ago, that I was in Kelowna for the first time and Nancy joined me for a few days of relaxation in the sun and we visited the local vineyards. This year, my golf game has improved and I completed two rounds of golf in the last couple of days, as part of a Dealer corporate event. My golf score has improved, but I'm still somewhere off from being considered a decent golfer, but I did achieve my first birdie + a drive of over 250 yards.

The real highlight of the trip was an evening dinner at Summerhill winery, which is claimed to be the most visited winery in the whole of Canada. We took the dealers there for the last night dinner and it was the most spectacular view of the lake, west bank, downtown Kelowna and the night sky. We sat out on the patio, enjoying a mix of red and white wine, fantastic food, desert and iced desert wine. Topped off by seeing shooting stars over head.

On the last afternoon in Kelowna, I took the opportunity to spend Friday afternoon on a speed boat out on the lake and enjoyed the cool water for a swim. I know, I can hear it now.... tough day at work!

I didn't get any photos of my Kelowna trip, but I was back early on Saturday morning to Vancouver and received an invite by Scott M and Nancy to join them in the local park in Coal Harbour. I thought it was appropriate to illustrate the fine weather and view of our summer in British Columbia in the picture.

No comments: