Thursday 11 June 2009

Bowen Island - Lake Hike


With my days numbered before I begin full-time working life again with Mercedes-Benz, I took the opportunity to visit Bowen Island for a day trip, with another Brit called John. We picked up the Bowen Island Express boat from Granville Island and in within 30 minutes we were at the quayside.

Similar to an adventure out of a Enid Blyton book, we hiked from the harbour to a forest trail that took us around a local lake. The three hour hike included seeing salmon hatching streams and stretches of lily pads in the water. With a beautifully rugged landscape and friendly laid-back pace in the tiny village, Bowen Island came across as a forested island retreat. It reminded me of Pender Island and I am sure akin to many other islands along the coast of British Columbia.

No comments: