Saturday 20 June 2009

The next big thing....

The main news from this week is from the world of work, first day was Monday and it has not proved too demanding so far, simply meeting, greeting people, signing numerous forms and picking up a car. It feels less like starting with a new company, but more like changing departments within the same company. So far there has been many similarities between MB Canada and the UK version and I feel I have a headstart on certain things. Plus I met with a couple of Dealers and they do not seem too alien for me. Looking forward to the challenges ahead with Mercedes.

I have also been tasked by my new boss (Ted) with learning to play golf in the next 4 weeks. This is for two main reasons, firstly, everyone plays golf in the office, especially my boss, and there is a great deal of mickey-taking for being a tennis player and non-golfer. Secondly, there is a number of golfing events in the near future with the first being on 15th July and I have been told that I need to learn/play quickly to be prepared for that event. Nothing like a bit of pressure! Anyway one of the guys from the office has kindly taken me out to a driving range to learn the golf fundamentals and I completed my first round of 18 holes on Friday. Suffice to say that more practice is required before I am the next Tiger Woods.

No comments: